Happy Vampire Weekend Day!
Today marks the release of Vampire Weekend’s third album, Modern Vampires of the City, so … Happy Vampire Weekend Day everyone! To celebrate, I’m posting some photos from the Vampire Weekend show I attended on September 16, 2010 at Radio City Music Hall. Radio City is a big venue, but I was in the Pit, Row BB, so the pics I got were pretty nice (as was the setlist and pick I got). My full album from this show can be seen at this link; a few of the best pics are below.
Some other great Vampire Weekend links:
- Professional photos by Jessica Amaya from the 9/15/10 show (one night before) also at Radio City, including opening bands Dum Dum Girls and Beach House.
- Video of the band performing Walcott (their set closer, always) at that Radio City show.
- A depiction of the Sept 15 show “in drawings,” courtesy of The Fader.
- My review of Vampire Weekend’s show at Roseland last month.
- Video of the band performing Diane Young and Unbelievers on SNL last week.
And here are links to some of the many glowing reviews of Modern Vampires:
- A.V. Club gave it an A
- Pitchfork gave it a 9.3
- Spin calls it a “stride toward greatness”
- Consequence of Sound gives it 4.5 stars
- NME gives it a 7, saying “This is a gorgeous album, but sacrifices had to be made. They’ve undeniably lost something that made them special in the first place.” I guess if that’s your “bad” review, you’re not doing too bad.